Providers send regular reports to NASO. This helps NASO understand how ambulance services are being delivered and plan service improvements as well as future strategy and investment decisions.
It also ensures transparency. The public and government can see what ambulance services are being delivered and how well providers are meeting performance expectations.
Air ambulance data
Performance data is available on our Air Ambulance Helicopter Service Data Dashboard. It includes:
- median activation time (how long it took to get the helicopter off the ground once it was tasked to carry out a mission)
- volumes (how many helicopter air ambulance missions there were).
This dashboard is updated monthly. View the Air Ambulance Helicopter Service Data Dashboard.
Road ambulance and communications centre data
Performance data is available on our Emergency Road Ambulance Data Dashboard. Previous quarterly reports also listed on this page. It includes:
- time taken to respond to “purple” (immediately life-threatening) and “red” (potentially life-threatening or time-critical) emergencies
- percentage of 111 calls answered within 15 seconds
- volumes (how many emergencies were responded to by level of acuity, being purple, red, orange, green and grey colour codes)
- proportion of emergencies attended by a fully crewed ambulance
- customer experience survey data
- cardiac arrest statistics.
This dashboard is updated monthly. View the Emergency Road Ambulance Data Dashboard.