Information on becoming a COVID-19 vaccination site for primary care providers.
Primary care onboarding
The Ministry has created a guide for primary care providers wanting to become a COVID-19 vaccination site. DHBs are responsible for commissioning the sites in their region.
Specifically, this guide contains:
- a sequential view of the steps required to set-up a COVID-19 vaccination site
- links to supporting documents for each step of the process
- contact details for support and assistance for each step of the process
- a simple checklist to track progress.
The following supporting documents sit alongside the Primary Care Onboarding guide and outline the following processes in more detail:
- the onboarding journey for the COVID-19 Immunisation Register (CIR) and National Immunisation Booking System (NIBS) – publicly known as Book My Vaccine
- a matrix of technology, user roles and training requirements required for primary care vaccination sites.
These documents are regularly updated.
The Primary Care Onboarding guide should be read in conjunction with the existing COVID-19 Planning Guidance and Operating Guidelines.
The guide will be regularly updated to reflect changes to guidance and technology functionality, and to include feedback from DHBs, PHOs and the primary care community.
Where to get help – Primary Care Onboarding Sessions
The Ministry of Health has created a number of training opportunities to support primary care sites through the onboarding process. These sessions are intended to provide practical guidance across systems and for site and user onboarding. Registration is available here.