On this page
- New Zealand Nephrology Activity Report 2017 (PDF, 4.5 MB)
- New Zealand Nephrology Activity Report 2016 (PDF, 7.5 MB)
- New Zealand Nephrology Activity Report 2015 (Word, 2.1 MB), (PDF, 774 KB)
- New Zealand Nephrology Activity Report 2014 (Word, 1.3 MB), (PDF, 666 KB)
- Combined New Zealand Dialysis and Transplantation Standards and Audit, 2012 and 2013 (Word, 957 KB), (PDF, 587 KB)
- Report for New Zealand Nephrology Services on behalf of the National Renal Advisory Board (Word, 5.8 MB)
- New Zealand Dialysis and Transplantation Audit 2010 (PDF, 254 KB)
- New Zealand Nephrology Nursing Knowledge and Skills Framework (PDF, 464 KB)
- New Zealand Dialysis Audit 2009 (PDF, 125 KB)
- New Zealand Dialysis Standards and Audit 2008 (PDF, 106 KB)
- New Zealand Dialysis Standards and Audit 2007 (Word, 359 KB), (PDF, 161 KB)
- New Zealand Dialysis Standards and Audit 2006 (Word, 1.88 MB), (PDF, 174 KB)
- New Zealand Dialysis Standards and Audit 2005 (Word, 265 KB), (PDF, 169 KB)
- New Zealand Dialysis Standards and Audit 2004 (Word, 3.6 MB), (PDF, 109 KB)
Standards for Viral testing in HD units
- National Renal Advisory Board recommendations for infection control in New Zealand haemodialysis units for the blood born viruses: Hepatitis B, C and Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) (PDF, 138 KB)
2015 Electrical Standards for Home Dialysis
- Australian and New Zealand Electricity Standards for Home Dialysis – 2015 update and commentary by Kidney Health Australia
Home dialysis patients as medically dependent electricity consumers
Access to Renal Replacement Programmes in New Zealand
This document is intended to provide general guidance to health funders, providers and the public regarding assessment and decision making for patients with advanced kidney failure where renal replacement therapy is under consideration.
New Zealand’s renal services: Towards a national strategic plan – A scoping document
This scoping paper from the NRAB highlights for DHB CEOs’ attention a range of key issues facing the renal sector in New Zealand, and presents the case for developing a national strategic framework for renal services.
The Demand for Renal Replacement Therapy: Projections for 2005–2019
The objectives of this study were to:
- Project incident and prevalent renal replacement therapy (RRT) rates and counts from 2000–04 to 2015–19
- Estimate the contribution of demographic and non-demographic drivers to the trend in demand (count).
- The Demand for Renal Replacement Therapy (Word, 410 KB)
- The Demand for Renal Replacement Therapy (PDF, 214 KB)
Vaccination schedule for Pre- and Post- Kidney Transplantation
Vaccination schedule for all patients being considered for kidney transplantation and for those who already have a kidney transplant.
NZ Kidney Allocation Scheme protocol
The New Zealand Kidney Allocation Scheme (NZKAS) is used to determine the allocation of deceased donor kidneys and non-directed donor kidneys.
The Algorithm for probability of 5-year post-transplant survival in New Zealand is used by clinical specialists to calculate the probability of 5-year survival post renal transplant.
Improvements in Live Kidney Donation project
Maori Pacific Attitudes Towards Transplantation: Professional Perspectives
This report provides a summary of renal departments’ experiences of working with Maori and Pacific people on transplantation, with a brief summary of renal departments’ views on the reasons for the observed disparities.
Roles and Responsibilities of Renal Technicians
This document defines the authorised scope of the role of the renal technicians at a specific District Health Board.
Dialysis Practice for Clinical Renal Physiologist/Technologists
This handbook contains Clinical Renal Physiologist/Technologist competencies, scopes of practice, code of ethics, registration, certification, recertification/continuous professional development program (CPD) and training standards.