Purpose: The Medical Oncology Working Group provides clinical advice on medical oncology services to the Cancer Services team and Cancer Programme Leadership Board, the Ministry’s cancer governance body. This includes advice on:
- achievement against the Faster Cancer Treatment health target, including monitoring performance and advising on relevant clinical and service delivery issues related to achieving the health target
- specific areas that relate to cancer treatment, eg, existing clinical effectiveness, service improvement, service development, treatment guidelines, service standards
- technology change for cancer treatment as part of the Cancer Programme’s horizon scanning function
- any other specific areas as requested by the Cancer Programme Leadership Board or cancer services team.
Chair: Richard North, Medical Oncologist, Bay of Plenty DHB.
- the Medical Oncology clinical directors from the six regional cancer centres, plus one representative of a non-regional unit
- nursing representatives
- pharmacy representatives.