The Health Information Standards Organisation (HISO) is the expert advisory group for standards to the Digital Advisory Board.
What we do
HISO provides technical leadership and expert advice to the Digital Advisory Board on the development and adoption of health information standards. The Board is the governing body for health information standards in New Zealand.
We work with other expert advisory groups to the Board, including the Sector Architects Group.
We support He Korowai Oranga: Māori Health Strategy for the effective delivery of health and disability services to Māori, and represent the interests of all New Zealanders as consumers of health services and stakeholders in the health system.
Our responsibilities are to:
- provide advice on the development of health information standards that support the Health IT programme and reflect Board priorities
- identify relevant international standards and advise on their adoption
- scope the development of new national standards
- ensure that standards are developed in an open and consistent way
- administrate the standards development lifecycle by reviewing draft specifications and considering public comment submissions
- advise the Board on ratifying new standards and withdrawing old ones.
Our support team
HISO is supported by the Health IT Investment and Standards team.
Contact us at email@example.com.