Purpose: The role of the Haematology Working Group is to provide advice on malignant haematology to the Ministry cancer team and the Cancer Programme Leadership Board, the Ministry’s cancer governance body. This is achieved by providing expert clinical advice on:
- achievement against the Faster Cancer Treatment health target, including monitoring performance and advising on relevant clinical and service delivery issues related to achieving the health target
- specific areas that relate to cancer treatment, for example existing clinical effectiveness, service improvement, service development, treatment guidelines, service standards
- technology change for cancer treatment as part of the Cancer Programme’s horizon scanning function
- any other specific areas as requested by the Cancer Programme Leadership Board or the Cancer Services team.
Chair: Richard Doocey, Clinical Leader of Haemotology department, Auckland DHB.
- haematology clinical leaders/directors or their representatives
- haematology nurse representatives
- a consumer representative
- a service centre manager.