Published online: 9 September 2020
This briefing document was provided to the incoming Minister of Health in July 2020.
Please be advised that some information in this document has been withheld pursuant to the following sections of the Official Information Act 1982:
- 9(2)b)(ii) – to protect information where the making available of that information would be likely unreasonably to prejudice the commercial position of the person who supplied or who is the subject of the information
- 9(2)(f)(iv) - to maintain the constitutional conventions for the time being which protect the confidentiality of advice tendered by Ministers of the Crown and officials
- 9(2)(g)(i) – to maintain the effective conduct of public affairs through the free and frank expression of opinions by or between or to Ministers of the Crown or members of an organisation in the course of their duty
- 9(2)(h) – to maintain legal professional privilege
- 9(2)(j) – to enable a Minister of the Crown or any public service agency or organisation holding the information to carry on, without prejudice or disadvantage, negotiations.