- Healthy living
- Babies and toddlers
- Emergency management
- Environmental health
- Food and physical activity
- Sexual health
- Stop the spread of disease
- Teeth and gums
Hutt Valley and Wellington regional oral health service.
The Let’s Talk Teeth ‘Kids Zone’ is a fun place where children and teens can find out how to look after their teeth.
Developed by the Starship Foundation and the Paediatric Society of New Zealand.
It’s easy to protect your family’s smile
Has your child or teenager had their teeth checked recently?
There’s a free oral health service in your community. Family members aged between 0 and 17 years can get dental checks and treatment for no cost when they're signed up for the Community Oral Health Service.
You can find out all you need to know in It’s Easy to Protect Your Family’s Smile (available on HealthEd).
How to enrol your child or teen
Phone 0800 TALK TEETH (0800 825 583).
- If they’re between 0 and 12 years old, press 1.
- If they’re between school year 9 and 17 years old, press 2.
- If you have a general question about teeth and oral health, press 3.
In this section
- Let's Talk Teeth is a free service for 0-17 year olds. Find out more about the service and what it includes. Read more
- Plaque is the sticky, soft layer that forms on teeth every day. If left to build up, plaque causes tooth decay and gum disease. Read more
- As soon as your child has teeth, they should be brushed. Regular brushing helps your child’s teeth look and feel good, and also helps prevent decay and gum disease. Read more
- Five tips to ensure your child or teenager has healthy teeth. Read more
- Learn about baby and adult teeth. Find out about looking after child or teenager's teeth as they grow. Read more
- Learn what foods, snacks and drinks are best for your child or teen's teeth. Read more
- Find the Let's Talk Teeth contact at your local district health board. Read more
It’s Easy to Protect Your Family’s Smile
Learn about Let’s Talk Teeth and get info on what your whānau should be doing to look after their teeth.
Also available on HealthEd:
- Te Reo Maori version
- Cook Islands Maori version
- Niuean version
- Samoan version
- Tokelauan version
- Tongan version
Dental Visits are Free!
A Ministry of Health publication
Ministry of Health
If you have any questions or need help, just talk to us on
0800 TALK TEETH (0800 825 583).