- Healthy living
- Babies and toddlers
- Benefits of breastfeeding
- Getting ready to breastfeed
- How to breastfeed
- Stages of breastfeeding
- Problems with breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding in public and at work
- When you or baby are sick
- Baby’s health and nutrition
- Formula feeding
- Your health and nutrition
- When baby is ready for other foods
- Sex and pregnancy
- Special situations
- Supporting a breastfeeding mother
- Where to find help
- Feeding guidelines
- Food-related choking
- Introducing solids
- Sick baby
- Sudden Unexpected Death in Infancy
- Vitamin D
- Emergency management
- Environmental health
- Food and physical activity
- Sexual health
- Stop the spread of disease
- Teeth and gums
A number of useful resources on feeding your baby are available to download and order from the HealthEd website.
Breastfeeding Your Baby
Clear, simple suggestions cover the nursing relationship, why breast milk is a baby’s best food, different ways to hold the baby, how to ensure the baby is on the breast in the best way, frequency of feeds, and further help.
Breastfeeding and Working
This pamphlet sets out the advantages of breastfeeding, explains how to manage breastfeeding at work, including how to express breast milk, and offers several brief stories in which women describe how they managed breastfeeding after returning to work.
Eating for Healthy Breastfeeding Women/Ngā Kai Totika Mā te Ūkaipo
A giving food advice for breastfeeding women, includes information about allergies and colic.
Eating for Healthy Babies and Toddlers: From birth to two years old/Ngā Kai Tōtika mō te Hunga Kōhungahunga
This booklet gives food information for children from birth to two years old, covering breastfeeding, formula feeding, fluid intake, solids, variety, and meal ideas.
Feeding Your Baby Infant Formula
A booklet for use by health practitioners in advising parents and caregivers who have decided to partially or completely formula feed a baby.
A leaflet on infant feeding, nutrition, and introducing solid foods.
When You Drink Alcohol, So Does Your Baby
Primarily concerned with alcohol and pregnancy, this pamphlet also covers drinking while breastfeeding.
In this section
- The Breastfeeding Naturally video follows nine women on their breastfeeding journey. It includes tips for successful breastfeeding and shows the realities of breastfeeding for women and their families. Watch the video online, or find out how to get the DVD. Read more
- Real stories on the trials and triumphs of four breastfeeding women. Read more