The Ministry of Health consulted widely to develop the updated New Zealand Health Strategy 2016. Consultation included electronic forums, face-to-face public meetings, hui, fono and written submissions.
This page provides summaries and analyses of submissions to the updated Strategy.
Summary of public consultation
The Analysis of submissions (docx, 126 KB) provides an outline of what we heard during the consultation process.
415 written submissions were received on the Consultation Draft of the Update of the New Zealand Health Strategy. These submissions are attached in full below.
* Note that submitters details have only been included where clear consent was given.
- Submissions register (xlsl, 34 KB) - provides an index to the submissions
- Submissions 1 - 54 (docx, 755 KB)
- Submissions 55 - 84 (docx, 813 KB)
- Submissions 85 - 113 (docx, 1.7 MB)
- Submissions 114 - 172 (docx, 184 KB)
- Submissions 173 - 205 (docx, 1.4 MB)
- Submissions 206 - 229 (docx, 1.3 MB)
- Submissions 230 - 253 (docx, 635 KB)
- Submissions 254 - 275 (docx, 8.9 MB)
- Submissions 276 - 295 (docx, 375 KB)
- Submissions 296 - 314 (docx, 475 KB)
- Submissions 315 - 326 (docx, 731 KB)
- Submissions 327 - 345 (docx, 2.5 MB)
- Submissions 346 - 360 (docx, 2.3 MB)
- Submissions 361 - 378 (docx, 5 MB)
- Submissions 379 - 398 (docx, 4 MB)
- Submissions 399 - 417 (docx, 6.6 MB)
Key messages from the written submissions
While all written submissions were considered in their entirety, given the number of submissions and the depth of the feedback provided, key messages from all submitters were extracted and categorised for ease of additional analysis.
There were more than 100 formal meetings (including public workshops, hui and fono), involving more than 2000 people, around New Zealand. People who attended the meetings included representatives from district health boards, non-governmental organisations, community groups, consumers and the general public.
The Health Strategy Forum attracted 2431 visits with 119 posted comments and 7170 visits were made to the consultation webpage.