In 2001, Statistics New Zealand conducted two national disability surveys.
The Household Disability Survey examined the day-to-day living arrangements and activity restrictions of 7256 adults and children with disability living in households.
The Disability Survey of Residential Facilities gathered a smaller set of information from 928 adults with disability living in institutions such as homes for older people and hospitals.
This report comprehensively describes the results from the two surveys, covering all the main themes and issues they examined.
Alt text disclaimer
The graphs contained within this document have the information they display described within the text of the document, therefore alt tags on all of the graph images display only the figures number and its title.
Appendix 3: Tables in Excel format
List of all appendix tables:
- Chapter 2 – Patterns of Disability Appendix (Excel, 282 KB)
- Chapter 3 – Support, Equipment and Services Appendix (Excel, 1.65 MB)
- Chapter 4 – Education Appendix (Excel, 471 KB)
- Chapter 5 – Employment and Income Appendix (Excel, 522 KB)
- Chapter 6 – House and Home Appendix (Excel, 555 KB)
- Chapter 7 – Travel and Transport Appendix (Excel, 563 KB)
- Chapter 8 – Māori and Disability Appendix (Excel, 737 KB)
- Chapter 9 – Pacific Peoples and Disability Appendix (Excel, 1.01 MB)
Chapter 10 – Adults with Disability Living in Residential Facilities Appendix (Excel, 358 KB)