- Certification of healthcare services
- Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act
- Human Tissue Act
- Medicines control
- Medical examination of children
- Smokefree law
Certification of healthcare services
HealthCERT is responsible for ensuring hospitals, rest homes, residential disability care facilities and fertility providers provide safe and reasonable levels of service for consumers, as required under the Health and Disability Service (Safety) Act 2001.
HealthCERT’s role is to administer and enforce the legislation, issue certificates, review audit reports and manage legal issues.
Hospitals and rest homes
The YourHealth section for consumers provides access to a list of certified providers of hospital and aged residential care services. There are also summaries of certification audits and spot audits for aged residential care providers. More summaries will be added as they become available.
In this section
- The purpose of the Health and Disability Services (Safety) Act 2001 is to promote the safe provision of health and disability services to the public, and enable the establishment of standards for providing health and disability services to the public safely. Read more
- All hospitals, rest homes and those providers of residential disability care that have 5 or more residents need to meet the Health and Disability Services Standards 2008. Read more
- Information for residents and their families on certified hospitals and rest homes, and how to make a complaint about certified providers of health care services. Read more
- This section provides information for current or potential certified providers of health care services under the Health and Disability Services (Safety) Act 2001. Read more
- This section provides information for current or potential agencies designated to audit health care services under the Health and Disability Services (Safety) Act 2001. Read more
- Information for district health boards on health provider certification and 2008 Standards audit results. Read more
- Publications relating to HealthCERT and the certification of healthcare services in New Zealand. Read more