- Preventative health/wellness
The VIP (Violence Intervention Programme) supports health sector family violence programmes throughout New Zealand.
We fund family violence intervention coordinator positions in all district health boards (DHBs), audit DHB performance, support related research and evaluation, and offer technical advice and training support to health services committed to the programme.
In this section
- Guidelines from the Ministry on family violence intervention. Read more
- External reports on hospital responsiveness to family violence and on secondary school students’ experiences of violence. Read more
- Information for health services on establishing a violence intervention programme. Read more
- Questions and answers on the prevalence of family violence, and on the importance of intervention in cases of child or partner abuse. Read more
- Resources for health services running family violence intervention programmes. Read more
- Links to national and international websites on family violence. Read more