Hauora Māori Scholarships provide financial assistance to students who are undertaking or completing a course (level seven or above) or health care worker training (at a recognised tertiary provider) in health and disability studies that has been accredited by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA).
Applications open: 12.00 pm Wednesday 15 February 2017
Applications close: 12.00 pm Wednesday 29 March 2017
The scholarships are open to any person who:
- is enrolled and attending a University, Polytechnic, Wānanga or Private Training Establishment based in New Zealand
- has whakapapa and/or cultural links with te ao Māori or Māori communities
- can demonstrate a commitment to and/or competence in Māori health and well-being studies
- is studying a health and/or disability-related, NZQA accredited course that will equip them for the Māori health and disability workforce.
Hauora Māori Scholarships are not available to Ministry of Health or district health board employees.
Applicants may apply:
- only once each year
- under only one category
- online between 12.00 pm Wednesday 15 February 2017 and 12.00 pm Wednesday 29 March 2017.
PLEASE NOTE: Hard copy applications are not accepted.
To check if you’re eligible and further information for applicants, please read the guidelines for applicants.
Instructions and tips on preparing an application
We have provided some instructions and tips on how to prepare an effective application.
Don’t forget to read the descriptions of the 11 categories before starting your application. View the scholarship categories.
The Excellence Awards, John McLeod Scholarships and Te Apa Māreikura Awards are awarded at the discretion of the Ministry of Health. Applicants cannot apply directly.
If you would like any more information or support on putting together your application phone 0800 686 223 and press option 2 to speak to a Customer Service Representative or email email@example.com.