Hauora Māori Scholarships provide financial assistance to students who are undertaking or completing a course in health and disability studies that has been accredited by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA).
Applications open: 12.00 pm Sunday 15 February 2015
Applications close: 12.00 pm Monday 30 March 2015
The scholarships are open to any person who:
- is enrolled and attending a University, Polytechnic, Wānanga or Private Training Establishment based in NZ
- has whakapapa and/or cultural links with te ao Māori or Māori communities
- can demonstrate a commitment to and/or competence in Māori health and well-being studies
- is studying a health related, NZQA accredited course.
Hauora Māori Scholarships are not available to Ministry of Health or DHB employees.
Applicants may apply:
- only once each year
- under only one category
- online between 12.00 pm Sunday 15 February 2015 and 12.00 pm Monday 30 March 2015.
PLEASE NOTE: Hard copy applications are not accepted.
To check if you’re eligible and further information for applicants, please read the guidelines for applicants
Instructions and tips on preparing an application:
We have provided some instructions and tips on how to prepare an awesome application.
Don’t forget to read the descriptions of the 11 categories before starting your application. View the scholarship categories
The Excellence Awards, John McLeod Scholarships and Te Apa Māreikura Awards are awarded at the discretion of the Ministry of Health. Applicants cannot apply directly.
If you would like any more information or support on putting together your application phone 0800 686 223 and press option 2 to speak to a Customer Service Representative or email email@example.com.
Ready to apply?
If you’re ready to apply now click the button to start the application process.