District health boards (DHBs) are required to improve the health of Māori and reduce health disparities for Māori compared to other population groups in New Zealand. This page provides Māori Health Plans, DHB Māori Health Profiles and DHB Māori Health Profile Summaries for all DHBs (bilingual in te reo Māori and English).
On this page
- DHB Māori Health Plans 2015/16
- DHB Māori Health Profiles 2015
- DHB Māori Health Profile Summaries 2015
Māori Health Plans (MHPs) are fundamental planning, reporting and monitoring documents, which underpin the DHB’s efforts to improve Māori health and reduce the disparities between Māori and non-Māori. As key planning and monitoring documents, it is essential that these plans are comprehensive, complete and robust.
An MHP provides a summary of a DHB’s Māori population and their health needs. The plan then documents and details the interventions and actions the DHB plans to undertake to address health issues in order to achieve indicator targets set nationally, regionally and at district level.
Māori Health Plan documents listed by DHB:
- Northland (www.northlanddhb.org.nz)
- Waitemata (www.waitematadhb.govt.nz)
- Auckland (www.adhb.govt.nz)
- Counties Manakau (www.countiesmanukau.health.nz)
- Waikato (www.waikatodhb.govt.nz)
- Bay of Plenty (www.bopdhb.govt.nz)
- Tairawhiti (www.tdh.org.nz)
- Taranaki (www.tdhb.org.nz)
- Hawke's Bay (www.hawkesbay.health.nz)
- Lakes (www.lakesdhb.govt.nz)
- Whanganui (wdhb.org.nz)
- MidCentral (www.midcentraldhb.govt.nz)
- Wairarapa (http://www.wairarapa.dhb.org.nz)
- Hutt Valley (www.huttvalleydhb.org.nz)
- Capital and Coast (www.ccdhb.org.nz)
- Nelson Marlborough (www.nmdhb.govt.nz)
- West Coast (www.westcoastdhb.org.nz)
- Canterbury (www.cdhb.govt.nz)
- South Canterbury (www.scdhb.health.nz)
- Southern (www.southerndhb.govt.nz)
DHB Māori Health Profiles present a snapshot of Māori health compared with non-Māori across a range of health and disability related indicators. They can create a picture of the health status of a DHB’s population at a given time and also be used as part of the planning process for DHB’s Māori Health Plans.
The DHB Māori Health Profiles 2015 have been produced by the Eru Pomare Māori Health Research Centre of the University of Otago in Wellington. The Profiles are available as word and pdf documents, and Excel tables are also available containing data from the profiles together with national rates for most indicators in the profiles.
DHB Māori Health Profile Summaries are a summary of the Profiles prepared in 2015. The Summaries are bilingual, in te reo Māori and English. They present key facts from the Profiles presenting a more succinct snapshot of Māori health compared with non-Māori across a range of health and disability related indicators.
The summaries have been produced by the Eru Pomare Māori Health Research Centre of the University of Otago in Wellington. The Summaries are available as word and pdf documents from this link.