This section describes how to establish the review team and prepare for a health literacy review.
You’ll need to:
- establish a review team and confirm leadership support
- identify a focus for the review
- build an understanding of health literacy amongst the review team
- work through ethics, confidentiality and conflicts of interest
- publicise the review with staff and other stakeholders
- develop a project plan and communication plan
- identify the patient journey for the service being reviewed
- prepare for document collection, interviews and observations.
Section 2 of the Guide will take you through these activities.