Information on the Maternity Clinical Guidelines, the Primary Maternity Services Notice (Section 88) and other maternity-related publications, as well as the recommended tablet for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
In this section
- This section outlines the background information for creating the Maternity National Clinical Guidance. Read more
- Information on the Section 88 Primary Maternity Services Notice 2007 and an amendment to the Primary Maternity Services Notice 2007 and related guidelines and access agreements. Read more
- The Ministry of Health recommends that women planning a pregnancy, or who are in the early stages of pregnancy, access the low-cost folic acid and iodine tablets from their pharmacy (lowest cost is on prescription). Read more
- Standards, guidelines and other useful publications on maternity services in New Zealand. Read more
- A list of resources for the public on selected maternal and child health topics. Read more