This section has information on Health Workforce New Zealand initiatives, including the Voluntary Bonding Scheme and demonstrations of new workforce roles
Health Workforce New Zealand's website has been redeveloped to meet new web standards. Full details of its work can be found in this new workforce section. Details of the board, annual reports and role can be found on the new HWNZ mini-site.
Please update your links and bookmarks.
In this section
- Payments to reward medical, midwifery and nursing graduates who agree to work in hard-to-staff communities and/or specialties, and medical physicist and radiation therapist graduates who remain in New Zealand. Read more
- Health Workforce New Zealand expects career plans to be in place for all the trainees it funds. This page includes advice and career plan templates. Read more
- Health Workforce New Zealand supports and funds a number of training intiatives. This section outlines our key programmes. Read more
- Health Workforce New Zealand funds postgraduate training to develop the workforce. This page sets out the specifications for DHBs and others responsible for these programmes. Read more
- Innovative thinking to ensure the health workforce has the flexibility and resources to meet the needs of the public into the future. Read more
- Reports into what future health workforces will look like in key areas such as aged care, diabetes and mental health. Read more
- Publications relating to New Zealand's health and disability workforce. Read more
- This report provides background on how medical and nursing full-time equivalents (FTE) are reported to the Ministry of Health. Read more
- The Health Workforce NZ website has been overhauled. Help us improve it by answering these questions. Read more