The monthly reports provide updates on key digital health initiatives. The reports are compiled from information provided by Ministry business units and health sector stakeholders.
Latest report: October 2017
Key points to note:
- The first draft of the Digital Health Strategy has been circulated to key stakeholders and a second round of sector workshops completed to inform the next iteration
- A governance model and sector roles and responsibilities continue to be considered for implementation of medicines management digital services
- The request for proposal (RFP) for a National Screening Solution RFP has closed, and the responses are being evaluated
- The Northern Region has been completed their Information Systems Strategic Plan and work is starting on a regional applications roadmap
- Midland Clinical Portal roll out has now been extended to over 4,000 SMOs, RMOs, Nurses and Allied Health clinicians across the Midland region
- MidCentral DHB has gone live on the regional Clinical Portal and Radiology Information System
- The South Island region and the Ministry are undertaking detailed options analysis for a Regional Service Provider Index and preparations for a detailed business case is underway
- At the end of September 466,216 patients had registered for a patient portal - nearly 11 percent of enrolled patients in NZ, and 507 practices have implemented a portal - over 50 percent of general practices.
If you have any difficulty in accessing the content of the documents on this page, please contact the eHealth team for assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org.