This page provides information on the strategies and commitments that guide our strategic direction and will support us to achieve our vision.
Our vision is that disabled people and their families are supported to live the lives they choose. We are committed to increasing disabled people’s choice, control and flexibility regarding the supports they receive.
We are continuing to focus on supporting people to live the life they want. This includes increasing individualised funding and trialling new ways of delivering services (eg, supported self-assessment).
Disability Support Services Strategic Plan 2014 to 2018
Our Strategic Plan for 2014 to 2018 outlines our vision, guiding principles and an action plan to achieve our vision. The plan was developed with input and guidance from disabled people and other key stakeholders to ensure it reflects a shared direction and commitment to the vision and related activities.
Included in this plan is information on the key programmes, strategies and commitments that guided the development of this plan. These include:
- United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities 2008
- New Zealand Disability Strategy
- Social Services Committee: Inquiry into the Quality of Care and Service Provision for People with Disabilities
- Disability Action Plan 2014–2018: Cross-Government Priorities to Make a Difference (updated 2015)
- The New Zealand Carers' Strategy Action Plan for 2014–2018
- Whāia Te Ao Mārama: The Māori Disability Action Plan for Disability Support Services 2012 to 2017
- Putting People First
- New Model for Supporting Disabled People
- Enabling Good Lives.