National collections and surveys
The Ministry of Health is responsible for national collections and surveys of health and disability information.
This valuable information helps us improve the health outcomes of New Zealanders by supporting decision-making in policy development, funding and at the point of care.
Information on health payments and agreements is held in additional systems (not listed) and where appropriate this information is incorporated into the systems and collections found in Collections and Health Identity.
In this section
- Information for people developing and maintaining health information systems in the health sector, on the changes to the National Collections systems effective from 1 July 2014. Read more
- National collections provide valuable health information to support decision-making in policy development, funding and at the point of care. This information contributes to improving the health outcomes of New Zealanders. Read more
- The Ministry of Health collects, maintains and analyses data from national population health surveys. In this section you can find information about these surveys, as well as the data and publications from these surveys. Read more
- Provisional data from the national collections. Read more
- Finalised data from the national collections. Read more