- Health statistics and data sets
- National collections and surveys
- General Medical Subsidy Collection
- Laboratory Claims Collection
- Medical Warning System
- Mortality Collection
- National Booking Reporting System
- National Booking Reporting System Data Warehouse
- National Immunisation Register
- National Maternity Collection
- National Minimum Dataset
- National Non-Admitted Patient Collection
- New Zealand Cancer Registry (NZCR)
- Pharmaceutical Collection
- Primary Health Organisation Enrolment Collection
- Interim outputs
- Finalised outputs
- Classification and Terminology
- Access and use
- Data references
New Zealand Cancer Registry (NZCR)
The New Zealand Cancer Registry (NZCR) is a population-based register of all primary malignant diseases diagnosed in New Zealand, excluding squamous and basal cell skin cancers.
The Cancer Registry Act 1993 states that the purposes of the New Zealand Cancer Registry are:
- to provide information on the incidence of, and mortality from, cancer
- to provide a basis for cancer survival studies and research programmes.
NZCR is a population-based tumour registry whose primary function is to collect and store cancer incidence data. Cancer incidence is defined as the occurrence of new cancers in a defined population in a specified time period.
NZCR provides data for cancer incidence and survival studies, public health research, monitoring screening programmes and policy formulation.
NZCR was set up in 1948 primarily using information sent by public hospitals.
Cancer publications and provisional datasets are published on this website.
For further information about this collection or to request specific datasets or reports, email the Analytical Services team in National Collections and Reporting at email@example.com.
Customised datasets or summary reports are available on request, either electronically or on paper. Staff from the Analytical Services team can help to define the specifications for a request and are familiar with the strengths and weaknesses of the data. There may be charges associated with data extracts.
The Analytical Services team also offers a peer review service to ensure that national collections data is reported appropriately when published by other organisations.
In this section
- This section outlines the scope of the cancer collection including what is collected, what is not collected, data sources and relevant legislation. Read more
- This section provides technical information on the data held by the Cancer Registry. Read more
- This section lists the Cancer Registry data available from the Ministry of Health. Read more
This table lists the cancer data available from the Ministry of Health
For further information about this collection or to request specific datasets or reports, email firstname.lastname@example.org.