The following documents contain information about the selected health professional workforce in New Zealand. The data was obtained by means of a survey which accompanied the Annual Practising Certificates invoice sent to health professionals in February 2010.
Information about the following professions is summarised in ten documents:
- Midwives (Word, 322 KB)
- Osteopaths (Word, 205 KB)
- Optometrists and dispensing opticians (Word, 304 KB)
- Chiropractors (Word, 225 KB)
- Dietitians (Word, 238 KB)
- Medical laboratory scientists and medical laboratory technicians (Word, 482 KB)
- Medical radiation technologists (Word, 267 KB)
- Podiatrists (Word, 295 KB)
- Psychologists (Word, 424 KB)
- Physiotherapists (Word, 300 KB)
- Nurses (Excel, 103 KB)
The information about each profession varies between publications. The following information is included in the majority of publications: gender, age, ethnicity, qualification country, district health board of employer, employment setting, work type, year of qualification and average number of hours worked.
Certain publications have extra information about each profession. For example: languages used with clients, client type, income, number of years practicing, income range.