The following documents contain information about the selected health professional workforce in New Zealand. They summarise the results of the 2006 Workforce Annual Survey.
Information about the following professions is summarised in nine documents:
- Chiropractic Workforce (PDF, 170 KB)
- Dietitian Workforce (PDF, 214 KB)
- Medical Radiation Technologist Workforce (PDF, 208 KB)
- Midwifery Workforce (PDF, 221 KB)
- Optometrist and Dispensing Optician Workforce (PDF, 194 KB)
- Osteopath Workforce (PDF, 191 KB)
- Podiatry Workforce (PDF, 199 KB)
- Psychology Workforce (PDF, 222 KB)
- Medical Laboratory Scientist and Technician Workforce (PDF, 222 KB)
The information about each profession varies between publications. The following information is included in the majority of publications: gender, age, ethnicity, qualification country, district health board of employer, employment setting, work type, year of qualification and average number of hours worked.
Certain publications have extra information about each profession. For example: languages used with clients, client type, income, number of years practicing, income range.