- What we do
- Strategic direction
- Legislation and regulation
- Business units
- Corporate publications
- Contact us
- Ministry websites
- Ministry of Health Library
Sector Capability and Implementation Business Unit
The Sector Capability and Implementation Business Unit is responsible for making sure the national programmes linked to the achievement of Health Targets and related priority areas are designed and implemented efficiently and effectively.
- Specify the initiatives or services required to implement specific priority areas of focus.
- Develop, manage, coordinate and oversee programmes of work including those delivered in conjunction with the sector.
- Health Targets – a set of national performance measures designed to improve the performance of health services in six priority areas.
Examples of our work
- Primary health care
- National cancer control (including bowel screening implementation)
- Tobacco control
- Oral health
- Maori development and population health
- Pacific development
- Mental health and addictions (including problem gambling)
- Clinical improvement and productivity
- Child and family services