- What we do
- Legislation and regulation
- Business units
- Corporate publications
- Contact us
- Ministry websites
- Ministry of Health Library
- Emergency information for staff
Te Whare Hauora - Ministry of Health Early Childhood Learning Centre
Te Whare Hauora is a not-for-profit early childhood centre owned and managed by a parent co-operative since 1990.
We have part-time spaces available for children over 2 years of age.
Te Whare Hauora provides a safe, stimulating and secure environment in which our children will develop as competent, confident learners and communicators.
We aim to be partners with families and whānau to foster our children's interests, positive self-esteem and sense of belonging by encouraging equity and celebrating differences.
Te Whare Hauora has established effective programmes where children grow and develop holistically, and are presented with the necessary tools to adopt their own individual approach to healthy eating and physical wellbeing. Positive attitudes towards health and physical wellbeing are fostered and nurtured to best meet the outcomes of the children in our care.
We work with the Ministry of Health to provide healthy options for our children.
Te Whare Hauora participates in the 20 hours free early childhood education (ECE) scheme for three- and four-year-olds.
In this section
- Te Whare Hauora is operated by a management committee comprising elected parents and the centre Supervisor. It has six full-time staff members, and a part-time cook. Read more
- Te Whare Hauora provides an environment which stimulates and enhances children’s learning and play. Our programme incorporates the Early Childhood Curriculum of Te Whaariki, and all children attending have a portfolio of their learning. Read more
- All meals are provided including a cooked lunch. Our food is healthy and nutritious, as our menus follow the Ministry’s Healthy Eating Guidelines. Read more
- An application form for enrolment, and information about the fee structure. Read more
- Information about the requirements and process to follow for starting your child at Te Whare Hauora. Read more
- The management committee of Te Whare Hauora is responsible for a set of written policies and procedures that govern the centre. Read more
Please call us for any further information, or to discuss enrolment at the Centre.
Te Whare Hauora
Ministry of Health Early Childhood Learning Centre
135 Molesworth Street
PO Box 5013
Ph: (04) 496 2367
Fax: (04) 496 2340
The Centre is open from 7.45am to 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday.